2010 Hyundai Genesis fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Genesis:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Apr 152014

Hyundai is having a real issue with their fuel pumps. My car is currently in the shop for its 3rd fuel pump at 120K miles. The safety issue is how the pump goes out with no indication of an issue from the car at all. This time I was parked at a gas station, however the 2nd incident is more concerning. Then, I was traveling on the highway at approx. 70-75 mph. Without warning, the engine stopped and of course so all of the other controls from the engine. Because I had a full loss of power, I was lucky that there were no cars in the inside lane and I could move over in time to get to the side shoulder. I literally coasted to the shoulder at 20 mph. If I hadn't been able to get to the shoulder, I would have been stuck in the middle of a 4 lane highway with no way to move the car.

- Marietta, GA, USA