2.6

2010 Hyundai Genesis miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Genesis:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jan 092016

Genesis

Airbag I brought my car in to have the airbag and dash checked by Hyundai dealer in West palm beach Florida. The dash around my airbag has cracked in a perfect line at the air bag location photo attached. They refused to check the airbag. However they contacted Hyundai and asked for dash replacement. Hyundai was willing to pay for the dash part but not any labor to install new dash or to check my airbag to make sure it will not go off. I am asking for help to get my airbag checked and also have the dash removed and replaced by Hyundai. I am very concerned that this passenger airbag is affected by the recall. I need this checked out before an insistent happens. Please help. They also refused to put anything in writing. Phone case number 8648772.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Sep 102010

Genesis

In my opinion and verified by the dealership where the car was purchase -the Genesis has pull to the left under normal driving and when accelerating; this becomes very severe if not immediately corrected this occurs at 25 mph to 45 mph. In my opinion this problem becomes extremely severe to the point of dangerous on roads when wet at speeds of 65 to 73 mph. In my opinion this problem is extremely severe to the point of dangerous at all times when at speeds of 75 to 85 mph. Hyundai had a regional technician look into the problem at the dealership. I was informed by the dealership the same problem occurred with him in the Genesis. At that point, they removed things I normally carry in the trunk which weigh about 150 pounds in total -after removing these the Hyundai regional technician told the dealership the Genesis operates within Hyundai specifications; and the dealership communicated to me that the Hyundai regional technician recommends not putting anything in the trunk and the Genesis will operate to Hyundai specifications. I feel the same problem of a severe pull to the left occurs if the trunk has things in it or without; although to a lesser extent if the trunk is empty. In addition the steering seems to be most difficult and a bit loose at the 70mph to 85mph speeds. I feel the Genesis may be prone to veer into other lanes or oncoming traffic if continual focused attention is not given to steering (or, struggling with steering at higher speeds). I do not feel that using the trunk of a car is any more than usual use. However, Hyundai stands behind their regional report and is completely unresponsive to this matter. I bring this to your attention for my own and others' safety.

- Southfield, MI, USA