2011 Hyundai Genesis engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Genesis:

2011 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jan 022013

Power steering stopped working while N motion on highway while turning N curve case #5206878, front door power window switch replaced, brakes went out suddenly while getting off interstate traveling from one sate to another, engine replaced, radiator cracked & split, alternator replaced

- Harvey, LA, USA

May 012016

When accelerating while turning a corner the engine loses power completely. In a heavy traffic situation this has caused near accidents and oncoming drivers to slam on the brakes. Vehicle begins at a dead stop. 1/2 way thru the turn there is always a complete loss of power and car stalls for several seconds until power returns. This happens every time while accelerating around a corner. Scary

- Nashville, TN, USA

Mar 062016

The engine doesn't turn over, and according to the mechanics at the dealer, it appears that the "engine is locked up". prior to the car just stopping while I was driving, none of the engine indicator lights came on. This car has 23,000 miles. The mechanics have contacted the warranty department who have requested pictures of the oil pan. I received an oil change exactly one month before this incident and no one at jiffy lube noted any problems.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 222015

On December 22nd, 2015, I was driving the car into my parking lot at my office when the car began to accelarate on its own. This is the second time in the last 6 months that the engine has accelarated without depressing the accelerator and then continued to rev higher when the car is put into park. If it was not for some quick thinking, I almost went into a wall of the garage. I immediately called the Hyundai dealer and spoke to the service manager. He could hear the reving of the car. He asked if I felt safe driving it to the dealer which I did. All thoughout the ride, the car continued to accelarate on its own. When I arrived at the dealer and turned the car off, the car stopped doing this. The dealer kept the car for 5 weeks and could not duplicate or find any problems. I have asked to speak to someone at Hyundai to see what the next steps are if it happens again

- Needham, MA, USA

Jul 262015

Was driving on the highwaywhen the vehicle began to accelarate on its own. As I approached traffic, I swerved off the road and stopped the car and re-started. When I got back onto the highway, it happened again. Luckly, I was not too far from my home and quickly went home. The next morning I drove to the dealer and there was no issues until I pulled into the service bay and the engine started to rev-up without hitting the accelorator the dealer kept my vehicle for 10 days but could not find any cause.

- Needham, MA, USA

Apr 132014

Genesis 8-cyl

Got jackrabbit yesterday evening(aprl. 13 Sunday 2014, 6:30pm ). when I tried exit to roadway from parking lot, motor rev up by itself and break system could not stopped vehicle completely. I could hear the squeaking noise from breaks even I push the break pedal deep, I still was in the parkinig lot and could steer onto empty parking space and shifted lever to "neutral" and right after that, motor RPM jumped over 6000 with loud motor noise. I shot off the motor and a little later, reignite over and over, same thing happened. About 20 minutes later, symptom disappeared by itself. I think I was lucky because I was not on the highway. I video recorded this with my smart phone. *

- Plano, TX, USA