2.4

2012 Hyundai Genesis miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Genesis:

2012 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jul 192016

Genesis

My wife and I have a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan. My wife is the primary driver. She came home one evening and told me that the car failed to stop and went into the intersection as she attempted to stop for a red traffic signal. I immediately drove the car down the street and observed that you had to pump the brakes to stop and the pedal went to the floor. I added some brake fluid and pumped the brakes. I drove the care the next few days and noticed that over time the same thing happened with the pedal going to the floor. I took the car to my mechanic and had all the brakes changed. That cost me over $320. The mechanic advised me that the car had a faulty master cylinder. To shorten the story. Due to the dealer cost of from $275 to $365 for a master cylinder. I bought 2 online and 1 at oreilly auto parts. I spent $105, $81, and $79 for each respectively. Each time the mechanic advised me that the were not compatible. He was so conflicted by the process advised me to take the care to the dealer and told me that with only 91000 miles and a well maintained 4 year old car, it is unheard of for a master cylinder to be faulty. I contacted Hyundai and was told there was no recall nor was my vehicle covered by my factory warrantee. I am a retired auto theft officer so I decided to check with NHTSA for complaints and recalls. I am positive that this recall applies to my car. I have had the same process happen to me regarding the windshield wiper motor. Hyundai would not help so I found a motor at a junk yard. I paid to have it installed. However it only works at one speed. I would like it replaced and a refund for the cost incurred to find and replace it. I also would like the braking system repaired and compensation. Hyundai's recall number is 114. I would like to invoke the lemon law..

- Corona, CA, USA

Aug 052015

Genesis

When driving on freeway at 65mph the engine missed then stalled. I lost power steering and power brakes. Multiple warning lights on. Dealer is not finding anything using computer diagnostics. Loss of steering and brakes at high speeds is not good!!!!

- Fremont, CA, USA