9.3

2013 Hyundai Genesis fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Genesis:

2013 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Apr 012014

Genesis

While rolling slowly, then accelerating to cross 3 lanes of traffic, mainly in local town driving, the car seems to stall and then suddenly accelerated very quickly. This has happened at least 10 times in different situations I.e.: changing lanes quickly after rolling, while waiting for an opening in traffic. Have brought car back to dealer many times with the same complaint. Once they said they updated the transmission. It did not help. The last time they said don't use the eco mode, it creates a slight hesitation. I'm afraid this car will kill me someday when I pull out into traffic and have be power

- Fletcher, NC, USA

Nov 142012

Genesis

I was driving on a major interstate, when the engine sputtered then shut off at highway speed. No warning from the instrumentation panel until after the engine failed. After stopping in the breakdown lane, I was unable to restart the vehicle. The service department at the dealership believes the incident was caused by a defective gas tank and is recommending replacement of both the tank and fuel pump.

- Bel Air, MD, USA