5.8

2015 Hyundai Genesis accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis:

2015 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Feb 082016

Genesis

I was traveling East on I94 in minneapolis in snowy weather at about 9:30 pm on Feb 7.. temp at 16 degrees. Needed to use the windshield washers. When I turned them on there was no washer fluid but the wipers went on. My windshield became completely obscured. I had to turn on my flashers, stop traffic in that lane in heavy traffic and had a dangerous and hard time getting to the shoulder. Turns out the fluid was frozen. I used snow to clear the windshield. It has now frozen 4 times in cold temps. I have had it freeze at temps as high as 18 degrees. I returns to working condition at about 28 or 29 degrees. Hyundai in Aurora Illinois puts the fluid in when I get an oil change and I never put fluid in. When it works there appears to be something besides pure water in the fluid as I observe a 'sudsing' effect. During my last oil visit on Feb 9 at a temp of 18 degrees, I had a Hyundai employee confirm that the fluid was frozen and the washers did not provide any fluid while the wipers activated.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA