9.2

2015 Hyundai Genesis body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis:

2015 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jan 162016

Genesis

While driving on expressway at normal highway speed we heard a very loud noise, and a few seconds later the head liner of the car started to flap due to wind interference. We soon realized that our sunroof was broken. Glass shards were mostly held back by headliner. However, some glass shards fell into passenger compartment. We were not injured. We stopped and saw that the remaining glass pointed upwards, and that the sunroof window frame did not seem to be bent. These details seems to indicate an explosion of the glass instead of a hit from a foreign object.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Nov 032014

Genesis

Front right door (drivers door) does not close properly. When you pull it closed from the inside, or push it from outside the vehicle, it sounds like it has closed but upon inspection you find it is only closed to the first latch. Many times I have been driving down the road and had an alarm come on telling me the door was not closed.

- Palermo, CA, USA

Oct 022014

Genesis

My wife and I just recently purchased 2 2015 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 auto. This is a 3 month old car with 2700 miles. I took in once for squeak in rear area, they said could not hear it. I advised I would take tech out so he could hear it. They said they were to busy. Took back a second time, they said they could hear it, tightened everything in rear area abut could not find problem that may have broken weld!! they could not give me a loaner. After sitting my car across from their service center with a sign saying do not use this dealership that my car is still broken they gave me a loaner. That was last Tuesday. The service center (long Hyundai chattanooga, tn) said car was at body shop to fix a broken weld that there is a new technical service bulletin about this. This is a brand new 28K car with broken welds?? this seems very dangerous. We are waiting to see if car is fixed before contacting attorney. I have seen post going back to 2010 about broken welds on these Genesis coupes. This seems to be a problem that is not being fixed. The broken welds could be dangerous if in a accident.

- Hixson, TN, USA