2015 Hyundai Genesis wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis:

2015 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jul 012016

The current tires were replaced in September 2015, I have had three instances of tires blowing out the sidewall and a total of 7 tires replaced in less then 10K miles

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 242016

Today my wife was driving our Genesis and was almost in a accident because of campaign138 "cracks in the sidewall". I've been complaining for the past two months with 2 superiors and 1 case manager. There has not been any resolutions or since of Agency.

- Valley Glen, CA, USA

Jan 052016

After 25,000 miles tire treads were separating on the inside edge of all four tires. These were original factory-installed hankook ventus noble S2 tires. Hyundai has a recall in place due to the possibility of vibration, but the recall makes no mention of safety issues or tire failure. The issue was found when dealer was rotating tires on normal schedule.

- La Salle, IL, USA

Aug 292015

Earlier this year Hyundai issued a letter to Genesis owners stating they were replacing the hankook tires that came on the car from the factory with Michelin tires because customers had complained of raod noise. I contacted the delaership, West broad Hyundai, richmond, va, to order my replacement tires... I took my car to the dealership on Aug 29 for the state inspection and an oil change, they stated they did not have staff on hand on saturdays to change the tires. During the state inspection the mechanic discovered the tread on my left rear tire had separated from the tire. The right rear tire looked as if it was about to separate. Since my tires were in they dedicated a mechanic to replacing my car was purchased new, the tires have 25515 miles on them and the car has not been modified in any manner. I fear there is a major problem with this model tire and hankook should be made aware immediately. I have photographs of the tires. The tire looks perfect from the outside wall but the wall that faces under the car the defect is very noticeable....updated 09/28/15

- Ashland, VA, USA

Jun 182015

My Genesis was involved in a tire recall (campaign 218). A couple days later, as soon as I got the car on the freeway to go out of town on a business trip, my car started shaking severely. I called blue link (Hyundai customer service) and they said to take it to patterson Hyundai at my destination. I drive to wichita falls as slowly and safel as I can and I took the car in today but they refused to fix it. They said because its related to the recall they cannot fix it. I have to wait minimum 3-5 days for them to escalate it to the national level and I can't drive my car. I have to be driving home on Sunday (2 days from now). I talked to curtis (floor leader for Genesis team) and said "I can't drive my car for 3-5 days?" and he said "yes." And I asked if I could get a rental then and he said they won't give me a rental. This is at best unethical. I have to be home by Monday, so they are forcing me to drive a potentially unsafe car home 3.5 hours because they won't correct a problem with their warranty work.

- Waco, TX, USA

Dec 152014

Genesis 6-cyl

Simply put, my Hyundai Genesis is extremely susceptible to total and sudden tire failure. I have had the car for about 7 months and have had 6 tires blowout, even without hitting any potholes. The last time this happened, I had a tire side wall blowout as I left my driveway, driving at a slow speed. I had it changed the next morning and within hours, another tire blew while I was driving at about 60 mile per hour on the NJ garden state parkway, without hitting any road imperfections or potholes at all. It seems that the low profile tires are simply not up to simple, normal day to day driving. I am aware that many other Genesis and equus owners have suffered the same, many times over, yet Hyundai refuses to recognize the problem, blaming the tire manufacturers, even though this happened to me with 3 different brands and even to tires designed to run flat! I don't need to elaborate on the hazard created by tiers that blow out all the time especially when driving at highway speeds on congested roadways. I was lucky that I managed to avoid getting hit on the last incident by the hundred of cars passing by at over 60 miles per hour.

- Lakewood , NJ, USA