2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Owner Comments

Feb 102011

Genesis Coupe 6-cyl

Since purchased used from a Hyundai dealer in 2011 with just 11,123 miles & full warranty, this vehicle has had "intermittent operation of the push-button start feature, intermittent ability to remove the vehicles shifter from the park position, illumination of the ESC¯(electronic stability control) indicator lamp in the instrument cluster, intermittent interference with operation of the cruise control feature, or intermittent operation of the stop lamps" as cited in campaign 110 released by Hyundai on March 29,2013. I have brought it to the dealers service department on 11 separate occasions, for the above listed issue -to two separate dealers- and while both utilized the Hyundai warranty to the fullest extent, to replace everything from my radio, to transmission modules, to wheel cylinders, none of these issues fixed the problem.when I spoke to Hyundai last week regarding recall campaign 110, I was assigned a case number, but I received a call the next day that my case was being rejected by the regional office.when I brought it to the dealer for the recall repair this weekend, they insisted that they would have to charge me for the visit, despite my complaint being the one listed in the recall.I feel that Hyundai should honor their recall and address this problem in my car at their expense until they rectify the issue cited in the recall, despite the faulty part having been replaced through my factory warranty multiple times, and prior my receiving notice of the recall. Hyundai motor corporation should do what is required to get the car they sold me to be in safe operating condition, and they refuse to do so.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Aug 142014

Genesis Coupe 6-cyl

I began having this issue 10 days ago with my 2010 Genesis coupe. The concern I had was not only was the interior flickering but it resulted in my running night brake lights not working. I took the car to the dealer I'm at 62K miles just out of warranty. They ran diagnostic and thought it was a lose bracing for the wires. I picked it up and the issue began again. I took it in 4 days ago they then said it was a fuse switch issue and replaced it but the issue continued. They then said it may be a fuse box issue couple of hundred $$ or worst case a main issue with total wiring from internal fuse box and fuse box in the engine area which could run $2K! but no definite answer to what was causing this. The Hyundai representative said they even happen to have a senior electric engineer on location that day and he couldn't pinpoint exactly the problem.

- Fountain Valley, CA, USA

Oct 122013

Genesis Coupe

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe. The contact stated that while driving 80 mph, the steering seized and the engine rpms increased greatly. The contact also mentioned that the traction warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic stated that the ECU failed and the ABS control module would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 78,758.

- Edgewater, FL, USA

Jun 262013

Genesis Coupe

The 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe has been defective for a few months now. It will abruptly shift from 3rd to 1st and from 5th to 3rd by itself. It will also not accelerate when you need it to. I was recently almost involved in accident because of the shifting issues. I have contacted Hyundai several times and they refuse to assist me. What are they waiting for, me to die in accident or something?? I want something done very soon or I will get legal counsel and they can speak with them.

- Brownsville, PA, USA

Oct 312011

Genesis Coupe 6-cyl

While the car is warmed up and at operating temperature, the rpms will "hang" (hover around 2500 rpms) for 3-5 seconds before returning to idle.

- Pittsburg, KS, USA

Jun 102010

Genesis Coupe 6-cyl

Stability control warning light would come on, car wouldn't shift out of 2nd. Made 3 or 4 trips to the dealer for that to get fixed. Next, with foot on brake, car in park and fob in car, the car would not start. When you hit the start button, it would just go to accessory mode. Two trips to dealer for that one. Waiting on a tow now for 2nd time in two months with the latest issue - while driving, car just dies and won't restart. The first time, was told it was a 'loose connection to fuel pump.' Very scary! thank god I wasn't on the freeway either time this happened!

- Ontario, CA, USA