3.2

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Owner Comments

May 022015

Genesis Coupe

I was driving on route 81 to harrisburg and heard a loud noise and my engine just shut off. I had to coast over to the side of the road to a safe place. I had to get my car towed and my mechanic inspected the vehicle and advised that the connecting rod inside the engine broke and put a hole in the engine and the oil tank. I had to get the car towed and while it was on the tow truck I saw the oil just pouring out of the bottom of the vehicle. The technician told me that this is very odd for this to break. He said it is most likely a manufacturers defect because this does not just happen. Oil tank was full with oil and the car has been well taken car of. Any other incidents like this one?

- Northampton, PA, USA

Feb 102011

Genesis Coupe 6-cyl

Since purchased used from a Hyundai dealer in 2011 with just 11,123 miles & full warranty, this vehicle has had "intermittent operation of the push-button start feature, intermittent ability to remove the vehicles shifter from the park position, illumination of the ESC¯(electronic stability control) indicator lamp in the instrument cluster, intermittent interference with operation of the cruise control feature, or intermittent operation of the stop lamps" as cited in campaign 110 released by Hyundai on March 29,2013. I have brought it to the dealers service department on 11 separate occasions, for the above listed issue -to two separate dealers- and while both utilized the Hyundai warranty to the fullest extent, to replace everything from my radio, to transmission modules, to wheel cylinders, none of these issues fixed the problem.when I spoke to Hyundai last week regarding recall campaign 110, I was assigned a case number, but I received a call the next day that my case was being rejected by the regional office.when I brought it to the dealer for the recall repair this weekend, they insisted that they would have to charge me for the visit, despite my complaint being the one listed in the recall.I feel that Hyundai should honor their recall and address this problem in my car at their expense until they rectify the issue cited in the recall, despite the faulty part having been replaced through my factory warranty multiple times, and prior my receiving notice of the recall. Hyundai motor corporation should do what is required to get the car they sold me to be in safe operating condition, and they refuse to do so.

- Tamarac, FL, USA