1. replaced ac compressor (1 reports)
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Mar 062014

Santa Fe GLS/LX 2.7 V6

I first started to notice my AC unit going out when I heard a clank ever once in a while. I took it to 2 different mechanics and they both said it was my AC compressor. So I went online and bought a new compressor which is about $300 and then had a certified mechanic replace it, flush the system, and recharge it which was about $225. So now every once in a while I hear a squeal evertime I have my heat on defrost and its only when the compresson initially kicks on. Very costly system that can go wrong at any point in time...

- , Cedar Rapids, IA, USA