2003 Hyundai Santa Fe wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Dec 082015

Santa Fe

Was backing out of driveway at my daughter's, I was on a side road with no traffic. A large bang and the tire popped. When I had a mechanic come look at it, he said the spring had broke and went into the tire of the front passenger side. The vehicle is still in her driveway. I have owned vehicle for about 6 years and never received a recall notice. I was looking up cost and found the recall. I am so glad this was not while I was driving or had my grandkids in the car.

- Newport, VT, USA

Jul 192014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Just had an oil change done to vehicle on 7/15/2014 during the week driving to work Friday 7/18/2014 I lost some of my steering the tires squeak on the turns underneath on the right side frame rotted at the stabilizer, taken..

- East Haven, CT, USA

Apr 052005

Santa Fe 4-cyl

On 4/05/2005 while driving on South Florida expressway the right front wheel of my 2003 Hyundai sante fe gl 4D came off. Prior to the wheel coming off the only warning I recieved was a sudden vibration. I was traveling about 55 - 60 mph, fortunately I was able to control the vehicle and came to a stop on the right shoulder. I notified the police, obtained a police report and had the vehicle towed to my home. I notified the Hyundai Corp, and told them of my incident. I was given file reference # 906136. I was later contacted by Hyundai Corp and was told this was not a warranty claim item (but was never given a reason). The vehicle was purchased on Jan 22, 2005, I put a little over 3000 miles on it. I never had any work done to the vehicle, not even changed a tire/flat. I feel this is unfair since my insurance company and I had to pay for the damages. Please advise what if anything I can do. The police and the tow truck driver both were surprised I was not killed or even hurt. I was very lucky. Thank you sincerley, wilfredo cruz.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Feb 122005

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The vehicle hit a pot hole, while driving 55-56 mph. The condition causes the left rear alloy wheel to split in half and damages the emergency parking cable. The dealer was notified.

- Warren, NJ, USA