2004 Hyundai Santa Fe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jul 302015

Santa Fe

The air conditioner cuts off on level 4 while driving if I cut it down to level 3 it comes back on but will eventually cuts off completely.. is there a recall on ac parts, blower, codes etc?? this happens tooo much..its really frustrating

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 122013

Santa Fe

Noise comes from fronted like something cracked.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 122012

Santa Fe 4-cyl

Stopped at intersection, with my foot on the break, the SUV lurches forward and jerks. I placed it in park while waiting for the light to change. I was concerned that I would hit the car in front of me. I drove 2 hours and noticed continued misfiring and jerking while driving. It was ok when the engine was cool, but felt unsteady when up to temp. After being parked in grocery parking lot, while backing up the car stalled, I restarted and drove home. Took it to mechanics next day. At the Hyundai dealer now. They could not get any codes and the engine failure light never showed. The mechanic, said that he was 90% sure that replacing the timing belt/crank shaft position sensor/balancer shaft belt/pick up plate would correct the problem...this didn't work and the dealer asked to keep it a 5th night. I have not heard from them as of yet. I'm concerned that my car will not be repaired and am afraid to drive it.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jun 222008

Santa Fe

At 84,360 miles our SUV wasn't shifting into 2nd gear, would go from 1st to 3rd. A big klunk would occur around 20 mph. Took into dealership (withnell Hyundai, salem, or) in June 08, and they reset the computer. Husband argued with service dept., saying he wanted a new transmission, guy said if it went bad again that would probably happen, and he said if it went bad, would go bad by 100000 miles. Took SUV back in 8-2010 with 99960 miles, was shifting hard again, was told it was the rear motor mount, and they replaced that. Then at 105000 miles Jan. 2011, shifting hard again, took back to dealership they again reset the no charge to us, and told us "transmission was failing".

- Gervais, OR, USA

Sep 162009

Santa Fe

My 2004 Santa Fe has serious rusting on the under frame. Rust is on the weld points and the fuel and engine covers are completely covered with rust and have chunks missing. A recall of 2001 through 2003 sante fe vehicles does not include ours. We have 64,000 miles on it and well taken care of and we our very concerned that further rusting will cause important parts to give way. I was told by Hyundai that nothing could be done but I could write a letter of complaint to Hyundai of America. This I did and have not had any response as of 10/26/2009. My vehicle !@#$%. I am sure this is not an isolated vehicle and probably people do not realize there is an issue because like our car, it looks great until you put it on a hoist.

- New Berlin, WI, USA