2. replace air bag (1 reports)
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Aug 012012

Santa Fe GLS 3.5L

Air bag light has been on for several years now. The dealer told me it was the air bag control module. Replacement would cost $450! This looks like a common problem with this vehicle and a recall should be issued.

- , Crestwood, KY, USA

Mar 102014

Santa Fe

Airbag light has been on for over a year now....received one estimate to "fix" it by replacing airbag for $1,000 from Hyundai, Concord, CA dealership. I believe this should be part of the recall - several other years had defects on the Santa Fe airbag...they need to ADD 2004!!!

- , Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Mar 192014

Santa Fe LX 2.4L

I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe that I love. My wife drives it with the air bag light just a shining. Now what if she wrecks? Can I sue Hyundai? I see many others with the same issue. So where is the fix Hyundai motors? I know it is in the drivers seat that is the issue. No I will not buy a used seat. It will have the same issue sooner or later. I want this fixed by Hyundai. The light did go on and off for a long time until it just wanted to shine.

- , Sevierville, TN, USA