2005 Hyundai Santa Fe lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jan 152015

Santa Fe

Bought vehicle used in October 2014. In less than 2 years have had to replace the front passenger side low beam halogen bulb 4 times. Have used the least expensive bulb to the most expensive bulb and all burn out with in a few months of installation. The first installation was done by a Toyota dealership and the rest I installed. Also, the running lights in the same location (both white and amber) sometimes come on and sometimes I have to hit the outside to the lenses to get them to turn on. Do not know if this is relate to the low beam issue.

- Yakima, WA, USA

Jun 012014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

This has been a repeated problem for a long time. Early on I would have a brake lamp light that I would be told was out. We would take the light bulb out and reinsert and it would fix the problem. We assumed it jiggled loose. Then, at a later time, I would be told that the other brake light was out, and we would repeat the process and take it apart and it would amazingly start working again. Beginning in November 2014, taking the light apart no longer fixed it, so we checked and replaced fuses and lightbulbs, but it didn't fix it. Up until this time, the right brake light would go out and then it would be the left one intermittently. Then, as of December 2014, neither brake light works and the third brake light in the rear window has five small bulbs that stay lit at all times, but currently the third light in the rear window is the only light that comes on while applying the brake.since it is apparently not the lamp or the fuse, I'm wondering if my vehicle is included in the Hyundai recall no. 092, a stop lamp switch recall, or any other recall pertaining to this issue, since I am reading a lot of complaints on this same issue? I am afraid that I am going to be in an accident since it is an intermittent and now, apparently, full-time problem. Please advise because after talking to several repair shops, they are not sure what is going on. Thank you!

- Owasso, OK, USA

Aug 012011

Santa Fe

Brake lights did not illuminate. Stop light switch fail, $25 part. Recall campaign for later model years 2007-2011 Santa Fe's.

- Lakeville, MN, USA