2007 Hyundai Santa Fe accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Oct 032007

Santa Fe

2007 Hyundai sante-fe purchased new from plaza Hyundai, ltd, 2740 nostrand avenue in 2006, on October 3, 2007 while sitting in vehicle I noticed smoke coming from the dashboard and then the windshield cracked. I took the vehicle to plaza Hyundai, they insisted the damage was caused by a rock and said I should contact my insurance company which I did, their investigation found that the damage was caused by a "defective wiring in the defroster caused a fire which resulted in damage to windshield." This report was given to the dealership and still they refuse to repair my vehicle. Due to serious health issues, I have not been able to pursue this issue and the vehicle has been in storage. I have resumed my attempts to get Hyundai to take responsibility for the damages and fix the faulty wiring, as of 2/22/10 they still refuse to even inspect the vehicle. The vehicle is defective and I was advised not to drive it again until the problem was solved. I paid over $30,000 for the vehicle and have been unable to use it.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA