2007 Hyundai Santa Fe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Mar 142011

Santa Fe

While my car was off and parked in my garage (with no keys in ignition), my 6 year old son was able to move the gear shift from "park" to "neutral/drive". he later showed me how he used "both his hands and pulled really hard." My car rolled out of the garage, crossed the busy street and into the neighbors drive way (with my son in it!!!!!!). it then started to roll forward towards me and the street....until I could open the door and slam my foot on the brakes. I was unable to get the gear back into the "park" position and had to be pushed back into my garage. I then inserted the key to place the car into "park."

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Aug 252007

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai sante fe. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag off warning light continued to illuminate. The dealer advised that the occupant of the passenger seat must weigh 110 pounds or more in order for the air bag to engage. The contact was concerned because for a small statured person, the air bag would not engage if needed. The dealer advised the contact that they were unable to make repairs to adjust to a person's weight. In addition, the contact stated if on a slight incline, the emergency brake would not engage. The dealer advised the contact that the failure was normal in his specific year, make and model. The vehicle was not repaired for either failure. The failure mileage was approximately 105 and the current mileage was 34,688.

- Scquim, WA, USA