2007 Hyundai Santa Fe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 202013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

ESC off light on dash then check engine. Code is P0504 for brake switch. This condition is covered under other Hyundai campaigns and recalls but not for our VIN / build date. Please consider working with Hyundai to provide resolution to this issue. We are also being told there is a two week wait to have this repair performed. Vehicle safety during this delay is a concern should the ESC system malfunction while driving. Thank you.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Jun 182013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Faulty brake light switch but was told by local Hyundai dealer and Hyundai customer service that my vehicle was not included in the recent recall. Over 1.7 million vehicles like mine were recalled. Mine has the same issue, why wouldn't mine be covered under the recall campaign" they told me mine was produced before the recall date! really??" the part is very inexpensive and from what I understand, an easy fix. Why wouldn't Hyundai, and my local dealer for that matter, want to make the repair at no charge in order to keep a customer happy.

- Evansville, IN, USA

May 152010

Santa Fe 6-cyl

My 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe will randomly apply the brakes while driving. Very dangerous.the brakes will apply making the car pull to the right or left may cause the car to veer into the next lane. I would need to press on the brakes to make them release.the first time this happened I thought it was the brake pads needing to be replaced we replaced the brakes and the problem did not occur again for maybe a year.it happen so much in 2011& 2012 I did not feel safe driving the car.I took my car to hardin Hyundai 6/09/12 explained in detail that the brakes would apply when I was driving, and the ESC light was coming on. I told the dealership that we had changed the brake pads hoping this would resolve the issue it did not. The dealer recommended 3 tires, alignment and pins were missing when we did the brake job and that was causing the brakes to stick. We did what was suggested.this did not correct the problem.the dealership did not put it on the computer to diagnosis the issue.the car is out of warranty now so I took it to an independent mechanic he did diagnosis it with the computer. The ESC module is bad. Now I aM driving with the ESC off.when driving with the ESC off it doesn'T randomly brake but will sometimes make a horrible grinding sound and the brakes stick when the brakes are applied.this is not good either.why require this safety feature in every car if it will fail and cause an accident and if the dealership can not diagnosis it correctly. Some Hyundai have been recalled for this problem so I feel the dealerships should be well aware of this issue.the work order does not mention brakes nor did they try to diagnosis it correctly. Was this an intentional move by Hyundai so they do not have to acknowledge that their ESC modules are still failing. I feel extremely lucky that I have not been injured due to this malfunction. Hyundai failed on this issue.

- Orange, CA, USA

Nov 052012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Brakes did not engage on initial start on mornings where temperature was below 50 degrees F. brake pedal was hard, did not move toward the floor more than 1/2", and did not engage brakes with firm steady pressure. After pumping brake pedal several times, pressure was felt in the pedal, which slowly moved toward the floor, and brakes engaged. Even when the brake pedal was being depressed hard and steady, the car did not slow, and ABS did not engage. Dealership was unable to find problem after keeping the car for 4 days. Tire store identified source as faulty brake booster, replaced part, and the car has been stopping as expected since repair. I have retained the faulty booster.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Sep 242012

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that while parked the air bag light and the ESC light illuminate on the instrument panel. The contact mentioned that while driving approximately 55 mph the vehicle suddenly stalled and the contact smelled a burning odor. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 09V122000 (service brakes, hydraulic:switches:brake light) that may be related to the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who confirmed that the vehicle was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Madison, WI, USA

Aug 152012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Faulty brake switch A/B. obd codes P0571 & P0504 recorded. Symptoms: Brake lights would not light with brake pedal depressed. Cruise control would turn on but not allow a speed to be set. Also ESC off light remained on dash solid. Seems to be exact symptoms associated with NHTSA campaign id number 09V122000. We never received any notice of that recall from Hyundai. When I brought it to the attention of my local Hyundai dealership, I was told that recall did not apply to my vehicle. When I contacted Hyundai support I was told the same thing. I see numerous other Hyundai owners who have had this problem were also told the recall did not apply to their vehicle (via internet reports). I believe the recall should have applied to my vehicle. I have replaced the part myself and the repair seems to have corrected all the symptoms. The removed part is a genuine part of Hyundai/Kia. It is P/N 92810-3K000. Below the P/N is ">PA66-GF30<" and "infac". there is a red and a green stripe painted across this face of the part. On another face of the part is stamped "6D07".

- Rochester, MN, USA

May 102012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Brake light switch malfunction caused vehicle transmission shifter to be stuck in drive or reverse. Vehicle transmission shifter could not be shifted into park. Malfunction also caused electronic stability control to shut off and cruise control did not deactivate when the brake pedal was depressed. Brake light switch was replaced in 2010 due to malfunction with this new brake light switch, which also malfunctioned. Hyundai claimed vehicle was not part of recall id# 78947 for service brakes, hydraulic:switches:brake light. However, again, brake light switch was replaced in 2010 with another malfunctioning brake light switch. Updated 10/31/12 updated 11/1/2012

- Newark, DE, USA

Aug 032012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Electronic stability control (ESC) malfunction light illuminates, brake lights inoperable. Turning off vehicle and restarting temporarily restores function. Exact same symptoms as NHTSA campaign 09V122000 but Hyundai dealer and customer assistance center claim vehicle is not part of this campaign.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Jun 152012

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that after starting the vehicle, she noticed that the brake lights were not illuminating. The contact also stated that the electronic stability control warning light was illuminated permanently and indicated that the electronic stability control (ESC) was off. In addition, the contact stated that the cruise control failed although the cruise control light would illuminate. The vehicle was not taken to dealer and repairs were not made. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure however, no assistance was provided. The current and approximate failure mileage was 81,300.

- The Woodlands , TX, USA