2007 Hyundai Santa Fe engine problems: check engine light on

Check Engine Light On

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.

8.0

1. ecu reprogrammed (2 reports)
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jul 132015

Santa Fe 3.3L

Have a check engine light coming on for a while. First started 2011. For this time 7/13/15 driving home from fire training. Car just stalls like running out of gas. Car started right back up. Drove around corner into driveway, car stalls again. Coasted to gate. It was 11:30pm so didn't try to restart.

Next morning went to start just cranked. Called dealer told to bring car in had car. Towed in ($250 out of my pocket) First call from service was motor shot with a price of $4000 for a used motor with 77000 miles. Don't know if that includes service, didn't say. Told service I don't have that kind of money. He said: well we can try timing chain for $1700, but can't be sure if it will work. Again I told him I can't afford that.

The service adviser went ape sh*t. He yelled and said I have to return the loaner car. I told him I was just leaving for work and will return loaner first thing in the am. He stated he was charging me for the loaner. Once at work I called the extended warranty joint and explained to him what went on. He told me that that is covered by the manufacture warranty because it was drivetrain and to have dealer service call him. To my surprise the service called me the next morning, same guy from day before. Now this jackass is very nice. Now there is all kinds of problems. Rack is bad, which is covered. Some part of the frame is rotted which Hyundia is going to repair. He asked to remove a valve cover to see if there was any sludge in the motor, cost is $105. I told him to show me a motor with 99000 miles on in that doesn't have sludge in it and also said to him that not to long ago we had like 14 days of below 0 weather. Well he all of a sudden got another call so he hung up.

Now day three, service called. The warranty co is sending a rep to look at motor to take it down to point of repair, which is to timing cover. Asked him why he stated they wanted to see if there was sludge there. Again told him about the 99000 miles and there is going to be sludge. He got a little bent out of shape again. I asked him how much do I owe. Now he told me the timing cover and valve cover and he stated a driveability test so its up to $345. I asked him what a driveabilty test? The car came in on a flatbed and wouldn't start. This time he had a meeting to go to and hung up????????

What ticks me off the most, I went to several sites to lodge a complaint. There was like 5 sites, most replies were that the dealer was right. The kicker was the atty general consumer fraud they got all this paper work from the dealer and told me they cannot give me legal advice but to seek my own lawyer. My reply was that the co was allowed to submit paper work and I wasn't and that I as a tax payer didn't pay his salary. I could afford a lawyer needless to say haven't heard from atty general again (as of today7/21/15)

If there is anyone who could offer any help or useful advice please do

- , Yorkshire, NY, USA

Apr 052013

Santa Fe SE V6

Fuel gauge stopped working. Always registered empty, even when tank was full. Check engine light on. Repair involved both fuel level sensors be replaced, calibrated, and cleared codes.

- , Milwaukee, WI, USA

Aug 072010

Santa Fe GLS 3.3L

Check engine light came on and car ran really bad, like wanted to stall. The said they had to reprogram the "ECU". Had to take back a second time to "try again". The said it actually was an O2 sensor. "Are you mechanics trained at all?"

- , Mechanicsville, VA, USA