2.2

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Mar 052013

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that the brake ESC warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake solenoid needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. In addition, the contact stated that the gear shifter failed to go into reverse or park and the ESC brake light illuminated. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V113000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Dec 272015

Santa Fe

Bought the car used, 2007 Santa Fe with 71K miles on it. 2 months after I got the vehicle, the ESC off light started intermittently coming on. Then one day it stayed on and that same day the check engine light came on. I noticed the next day that my brake lights would not come on when pressing the brake and that my cruise control would not engage at all. The ESC off light will not be on when I first get in the car, but the minute I hit the brakes, it comes on and stays on. Ever since the first day the check engine light came on, it has stayed on since. I believe this may be part of an earlier recall, but my specific vehicle did not fall under that recall.

- Delmar, MD, USA

Sep 242015

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. While driving at approximately 65 mph, the brake pedal was depressed, but the brake lights failed to illuminate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the vehicle was experiencing the failure in NHTSA campaign number: 09V122000 (service brakes, hydraulic) however, the VIN was not included. The approximate failure mileage was 137,000.

- Clarksville, MO, USA

May 292015

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the driver following behind the contact informed her that the brake lamps were not illuminated. The contact exited the vehicle and observed the brake lamps failed when the brake pedal was depressed. Also, the cruise control failed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake light switch band failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V113000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The failure mileage was approximately 96,000.

- Castle Walk, CO, USA

Oct 022014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Air bag light came on and will not go off. Also, yesterday my check engine light came on and the fuel gauge stopped reading my fuel level. I have 90,100 miles on the vehicle today. Since I purchased the vehicle, my headlights are very dim. I am not sure if this was ever a concern for other models.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 172014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Brake switch malfunctioned causing ESC off light to illuminate, cruise control not to engage, and brake lights to not illuminate. Check engine code of P0405 being thrown by onboard computer to indicate failure.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Jan 012014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact was driving 25 mph when the brake lamp failed. The contact also stated that she had experienced difficulty shifting gears. The vehicle was not taken to an independent mechanic or dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V113000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The approximate failure mileage was 110,000...updated 02-28-14 updated 03/14/2014

- Hermosa Beach, CA, USA

May 242013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Brake light module fails to light up, which causes higher risk of collision. There is recall on this, but this does not cover my vehicle. This vehicle has multiple problems, all of which are hazards. The gas gauge needle does not function properly, and shows erratic gas usage, even showing the low fuel light right after filling up. The ESC light stays on, which causes the engine light to stay on. And the vehicle will hesitate at times when the gas pedal is depressed. All of these issues have been reported by other Santa Fe owners.

- Irmo, SC, USA

May 312013

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that the brake lights were not illuminating when depressing the brakes and the ESC warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 13V113000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic ) but was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was then taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the technician stated that the stop lamp switch would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 87,900.

- Moore, OK, USA

May 272013

Santa Fe

My experience and observation is same what is explain in the earlier post. I car does have brake light switch failure which was not covered under the recall. Unfortunately I have shell out $70 from pocket to fix it. The Hyundai dealer (Hyundai mark zimmerman) charged me $291 for fixing the tps and programming the ECM. When I would begin acceleration the vehicle would hesitate then take off rapidly then I would loose power to a speed of @ 25 miles per hour and the ESC off switch would appear on the dashboard followed by the check engine light. I safely pulled over and turned the vehicle off for about 30 seconds. Once I turned the vehicle back on, the dashboard lights would go out and I would repeat this cycle 8-9 times before being able to drive normally. On several occasions after driving normally for about 10 miles the ESC off light would reappear on the dashboard in my opinion this is a serious malfunction and certainly dangerous combination and should be labeled as a recall. Hyundai should value the safety and expectations of their car buyers. Thanks!

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Aug 032012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Electronic stability control (ESC) malfunction light illuminates, brake lights inoperable. Turning off vehicle and restarting temporarily restores function. Exact same symptoms as NHTSA campaign 09V122000 but Hyundai dealer and customer assistance center claim vehicle is not part of this campaign.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Jun 152012

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that after starting the vehicle, she noticed that the brake lights were not illuminating. The contact also stated that the electronic stability control warning light was illuminated permanently and indicated that the electronic stability control (ESC) was off. In addition, the contact stated that the cruise control failed although the cruise control light would illuminate. The vehicle was not taken to dealer and repairs were not made. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure however, no assistance was provided. The current and approximate failure mileage was 81,300.

- The Woodlands , TX, USA

Feb 012010

Santa Fe

I have had so many problems with my car. The first problem began years ago with the low beam headlights. I have to replace the headlights for both right and left side about 5 to 6 times per year. This can get very expensive especially if I were to get a ticket. The second problem are the rear tires. I noticed about two years ago that the tires get worn out much quicker than the others, so I'm constantly rotating them. Just recently, it has become worse. Just this year, I have replaced tires twice and have noticed that I need another set of tires. Have taken the car to a mechanic, but can not find anything wrong with the rear-end. The last issue that just happened a few months ago is the passenger visor. It suddenly fell out of its socket and eventually was hanging by its wires. After trying to put the visor back into its socket a few times, it eventually broke off. Have not ordered another yet. Didn't realize how expensive they are.

- Temple, TX, USA

Feb 012010

- Temple, TX, USA

Mar 112012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated the rear tail lights would stop functioning sporadically. While having the vehicle diagnosed at the dealer, the contact was advised that the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 09V122000 (service brakes, hydraulic:switches:brake light) did not apply to the vehicle. The vehicle was repaired for the failure. The current and the failure mileages were 105,000. Updated 12/06/12 updated 12/10/12

- Roscoe, IL, USA

Apr 042011

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Low beam headlight and fog light failure happening over and over again. Low beam lights have failed 7 times in the past 8 months. Fog lights have failed 4 times in the last 8 months. Bulbs continue to blow after repeated replacements by technician and owner.

- Mansfield, GA, USA

Dec 122011

Santa Fe

ESC off indicator stays illuminated problem: No brake lights. Dealership states my vehicle is outside the manufacture date range included in the tsb campaign # 092 / 09-01-018 and will not replace the stop lamp switch under warranty. (my Santa Fe was manufactured in June 2007). Approx. $75 replacement cost for a known issue. According to online forums this problem is not limited to the manufacture dates indicated in the tsb. This is a serious safety issue; one that I would have hoped Hyundai would take more seriously.

- Ozark, MO, USA

Oct 032011

Santa Fe

Stop lamp switch replaced without any problem noted on 28 Oct 2009 by dealer under recall. 3 October 2011 the electronic stability control off switch illuminates and dealer replaces stop lamp switch and charges $71. Hyundai states these are valid charges on this recalled item since it was already replaced once.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Jun 012010

Santa Fe 6-cyl

My ESC light comes on and goes off intermittently while driving, this has been happening for probably the past year. I have never noticed any effect on the performance of the vehicle and since I didn't know what ESC was I did not pay it a great deal of attention to it. My passenger air bag light also does this "coming on and going off thing" so I assumed it was a weird dash light glitch. About 4 months ago vehicle started having electrical problems (power door locks sometimes stop working). Finally today I noticed my rear brake lights were not coming on... obviously I was very concerned and called Hyundai to find out if there were any recalls. Hyundai gave me a case # but said my vehicle is not covered under current recall, so I am not sure if anything is wrong?

- Kingwood, TX, USA