4.6

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Mar 202012

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated a two year old child was seated in a forward facing child restraint behind the driver's seat. The child was able to reach for the driver's seat belt and wrap it around his neck. The contact was able to remove the seat belt from the child's neck without incident. The child was uninjured. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and the current mileage was 41,000.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Mar 072007

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The back seat (passenger side) seat belt - the connection in the seat, always goes down in the opening and is very hard to get up, I do think this is a safety concern, since sometimes you can't get it out to clip the seat belt into. The hole where the connection is, is too big, and when you try to connect the seat belt into it, it goes down. I have gone to the dealership many times, and they take it out. I have also contacted the Hyundai Corp., but was told my Santa Fe is operating as designed and that there is nothing they can do for me. The dealership, also claims the same thing every time I am there. I was just there on 2/29/2012, and was told that maybe I should try girls hair band and get a big one a wrap it around a few times, and that should hold it up. Can you please look into a solution that might make them correct it. Also I know of 3 other people that have the same problem on there cars.

- Parker, CO, USA

Apr 092011

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated the rear seat belt latch plate which connects into the lock mechanism would travel to the floor causing difficulty to engage properly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 29,000.

- Overland Park, KS, USA