2009 Hyundai Santa Fe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Santa Fe

The paint on our vehicle keeps bubbling up and peeling off causing the exterior metal on the car to rust in those spots. This has been a recurring problem with the vehicle since 2012 and is occurring in multiple random spots on the vehicle. We have seen multiple other same make and model vehicles with this same problem. We called the local Hyundai dealership who recommended a body shop to fix the paint issues. The owner of the body shop said it was such a reoccurring problem, he didn't need us to bring the car in for a quote, only tell him where the paint was bubbling and peeling and gave us a price over the phone. This has been an issue over time. We are not sure what is causing the problem, whether it is certain weather, road conditions or environment.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

Aug 112015

Santa Fe

At around 4:50 pm on August 11, 2015, my wife was driving our 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe limited 2wd 4 door wagon North-bound on second avenue, through the intersection of second avenue and foothill boulevard in upland, California. While crossing the intersection the Hyundai Santa Fe was struck by a car entering the intersection from the West. The impact to the Hyundai Santa Fe by the other car was severe enough to cause the Hyundai Santa Fe to be a total loss. Additionally, my wife suffered soft tissue injuries to her hip, shoulder, back and right temple (head). While the impact to the Hyundai Santa Fe wagon was severe enough to cause the vehicle to be a total loss and cause injuries to my wife, none of the front or side impact air-bags deployed. The car is now in the possession of the automobile club of southern California (claim number 012002790. I took some pictures of the damage to the vehicles, which I can provide if requ

- Upland, CA, USA

Aug 052014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

I was attempting to parallel park between two cars and as I was about to cut the wheel to the left to finish the park, my vehicle suddenly accelerated (without my doing) into the car behind me. I had no time to compensate and ultimately crushed the right headlight/frame of the car behind me.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 282013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Entered horseshoe casino parking garage and turned into parking level. As I followed Ford Taurus, Hyundai engine changed from normal speed to a roaring acceleration in an instance. I couldn't brake it to a stop and it rammed the rear end of the Taurus. Damage to the sante fe was limited to front bumper damage while the back end of the Taurus was driven forward and torn up. My husband thought the cruise might have gone on; but, he decided the acceleration was too rapid for the cruise. He was in the passenger seat. We drove home without any further trouble.

- Newburgh, IN, USA

Jul 202013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

I was a passenger in the vehicle when it crashed into a fire hydrant doing approximately 40mph. The seatbelt failed to lock and the airbags failed to deploy. The car has major damage to the underbody, front-end, the inside of the vehicle dash, the motor mounts, engine and other damages are unknown at this time.

- Ft. Wayne, IN, USA

Nov 212011

Santa Fe 6-cyl

I was a passenger in my vehicle on the way to the license branch and was sitting still at a stop light, when a vehicle rear-ended my car.

- Ft. Wayne, IN, USA