2.3

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

May 102015

Santa Fe

I was heading out and the ABS and ESC lights came on. Decided to turn around and go back home, due to fact that I was worried and scared that something was wrong with ABS brakes and the ESC control, that may or may not cause a crash or accident. I do not want to have an accident or end up getting hurt or hurt anyone else for that matter. Read in manual that it could be a faulty switch or sensor. I do not have that kid of costly money to fix problem. I need my car to get to doctors appointments as I have many health issues. If there is a recall I would like to know and have it fixed free of charge.

- Sanford, ME, USA

Sep 272013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Was going about 70 mph around topeka Kansas when the vehicle lurched, then the ESC, engine and chassis lights flashed. Immediately afterwards the car lost all propulsion. Fortunately I was by an off-ramp, but could of gotten in an accident which such a sudden deceleration. Managed to get to an autozone store to check the fault. The fault came up as the throttle position sensor (tps). Managed to get it to the dealership in topeka. They fixed in within 10 minutes, but after completing my trip back to Colorado noticed the car is lurching again in lower speed, in-town traffic...very dangerous!!! will be contacting the dealership in Colorado on Monday morning!! had a similar problem two years ago, took it into the dealership and they said they couldn't find a problem with it. Guess they won't be satisfied until the warranty period ends and someone gets killed.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA