- May 21: Hyundai Peeling Paint Lawsuit Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- May 21: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Recalls Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 42 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Santa Fe Sport After Engines Seize recalls | 48 days ago
- April 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Stall Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 51 days ago
NHTSA — Visibility: Sun Roof Assembly Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.
2.2hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 71,500 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
accessories - exterior problem