- January 2: Investigation Opened Into 2013 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts investigations | 18 days ago
- January 2: Hyundai Sonata Class-Action Lawsuit Will Be Approved news | 18 days ago
- January 1: Hyundai Shattering Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Will Continue news | 19 days ago
- December 8: Hyundai Entourage Recalled to Keep Hoods From Flying Open recalls | 43 days ago
- December 5: Hyundai Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) Lawsuit Filed news | 46 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 21,380 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.