Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.

In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".

However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.

Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.

Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jun 262015

Santa Fe

I was driving my 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, the blinker switch started frantically clicking, I than heard electrical sparks from the steering column and than smoke starting coming from the steering column where the blinker shaft was located. Hyundai has had my vehicle for 2 weeks, leaving me and my 8 month old carless. The dealership and cooperate has said that they have never heard of this happening before, and has not given me a courtesy call or vehicle updates. I looked on this website, and indeed, I found someone who has encountered the same issue (please see NHTSA id number 10629458). I feel that this is a major safety concern and needs to be recalled immediately with the other recalls in place.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 102013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

My Santa Fe stalled while making a low speed right turn. No warning the steering became hard and instrument lights went on and engine off. Started right up afterwards. Immediately took it to the dealer who replace the throttle body and updated computer. No error codes.

- Redwood City, CA, USA