- December 26: Hyundai Sonata Recalled To Keep It From Rolling Away
- December 9: Hyundai Recalls 43,000 Cars To Repair Faulty Brake Lights
- December 7: Hyundai Wants Santa Fe Engine Problems Lawsuit Dismissed
- December 5: Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Warranty Extended
- November 4: EPA Fines Hyundai and Kia $350 Million Over False MPG Claims
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.
Worst 2010 Santa Fe suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.