- January 11: Hyundai Genesis Recalled to Replace Dangerous Tires recalls | 33 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Recalls 155,000 Elantra Sedans To Fix Sudden Braking recalls | 37 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Heads to Court news | 52 days ago
- December 11: Hyundai Recalls Genesis Coupes to Fix Driveshafts recalls | 64 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On recalls | 85 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 28,518 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.