- October 7: Hyundai Sonata Brake System Lawsuit Gets Partial Green Light
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Stalling Engines
- August 10: Hyundai Genesis Brake Fluid Defect Will Cost Hyundai $17.35 Million
- August 2: Hyundai Recalls 419,000 Santa Fe, Sonata and Veracruz Cars
- July 30: Hyundai Recalls 883,000 Sonatas That Could Roll Away
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 20,583 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.