- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 13 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Santa Fe Sport After Engines Seize recalls | 19 days ago
- April 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Stall Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 22 days ago
- March 15: Hyundai Recalls 978,000 Sonata and Sonata Hybrids recalls | 41 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Sonata Locking Brakes Investigation Closed investigations | 60 days ago
NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Nav System (GPS) Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 22,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
accessories - interior problem