- February 9: Hyundai Recalls 2017 Elantra For Bad Brake Boosters recalls | 14 days ago
- January 2: Investigation Opened Into 2013 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts investigations | 52 days ago
- January 2: Hyundai Sonata Class-Action Lawsuit Will Be Approved news | 52 days ago
- January 1: Hyundai Shattering Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Will Continue news | 53 days ago
- December 8: Hyundai Entourage Recalled to Keep Hoods From Flying Open recalls | 77 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 26,174 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
seat belts / air bags problem