4.9

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Dec 012016

Santa Fe

On three occasions now, I have nearly hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk, because I did not see that pedestrian. All three were hidden from my view by a combination of the driver side mirror and the frame of the car on the left side of the windshield. Together, the placement of these two features creates a surprisingly large blind spot. I think it is partly related to the fact that the seats in the car also cannot be raised enough; I have good front visibility, but if I could get higher I do think the mirror might be less of an obstacle. Each time this has happened, I learn a new type of situation in which I must not trust what I see, but I worry about unanticipated situations in the future.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Oct 112016

Santa Fe

Driver's seat lurches forward and backwards at random times while driving. This happens regardless of speed, brake/ acceleration/ cruise control, type of road, direction or movement etc. Often times while the car is parked or in motion, the seat will not move at all in any direction. Also, the ABS, traction control, and downhill light have all been turning on and off at random, and, while parked and without provocation, my speedometer needle began jumping. Less important, the driver's seat A/C does not work consistently which leads me to believe this is an electrical malfunction, however, the multiple times I have taken this vehicle into the "service center", the mechanics said they could not recreate the problem and sent my broken car home, so the official reason is unknown. I am only 5'2" so this has caused me considerable problems with suddenly not being able to reach the pedals, and has almost resulted in numerous accidents.

- Denton, TX, USA

Dec 142014

Santa Fe 4-cyl

I pulled up on the handle to adjust the driver's seat back. When I raised the lever, it broke off in my hand and the seat back went flying backward. Had this happened in traffic, I probably would have been injured/killed in a collision, as I was no longer secured by the seat belt and unable to see outside the vehicle (seat laid completely back).

- San Diego, CA, USA