2014 Hyundai Santa Fe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Dec 222015

Santa Fe 6-cyl

I was driving down a two lane road about noon on Dec. 22. the temperature was about 70. I was going approximately 60 mph. I was not turning, just going straight down the road. It sounded like there was an explosion. I pulled off the road as the glass sunroof shattered and fell in on my daughter and me. There was no other car near me. Nothing hit my car. I called Hyundai was told that it wasn't covered by them and would be my responsibility to have fixed. I was stuck on the side of the road with the glass literally falling in on us. I closed the cover and we drove very slowly (about 15 miles) to a place where we could vacuum up the glass. It was in both the front and back seats. We cut our hands trying to clean it up but we had no choice. The glass continued to fall as we drove and rain was predicted. We had to do our best to be able to drive it another 30 miles to place to get it worked on. It's been 24 days (yes, rental car fees!) and I still and waiting on my car. I don't want the sunroof any longer because I'm scared it will happen again but I think I'm stuck with it. The man at the repair place believes it was a faulty pressure regulator. I don't have any receipts for the repairs yet because I still don't have my car back. It was very scary and not sure what would happen to someone driving on a busy highway if this occurs.

- Round Top, TX, USA

Oct 062014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

About 4 pm on Oct 6, 2014, I was driving South on route 101S toward yarmouth, nova scotia, Canada at mile marker 16. It is a 2 lane restricted access highway. There were 2 people in the front seats, one person in the middle row, passenger side. The day was partly sunny, mid 60S, little wind. My sunroof was tilted open and the liner was open halfway to expose the sun roof opening. The speed limit on the road was 100km/hr, and that was my speed. A tractor trailer passed me going the opposite direction, probably at 100 km/hr or a little more. Just as the truck disappeared in my blind spot there was a huge explosion. It sounded like a canon went off just above me. I looked up and saw a huge hole in the sunroof and there was glass all over me, my passengers, and the inside of the car. I immediately slowed down and pulled off to the side of the road when it was safe. I did not hear anything hit the car, nor did we and 3 royal Canadian mounted police find any sign of anything that could have caused the damage after searching both inside the car and along the roadway. About 60 percent of the sun roof was gone, shattered into bits throughout the front, middle and even some into the back of the car. The outside part of the sun roof that was still attached was also entirely shattered. I proceeded directly to a Hyundai dealer who took pictures to document the damage. A warranty repair was authorized. After inspection and cleaning, the sun roof and liner operated correctly, with damage limited to the glass portion of the sunroof. No other roof damage was noted. My concerns are that even though this has been replaced, couldn't it happen again" what is being done to investigate and solve this problem that runs across several years, many makes and models of cars"

- Golden, CO, USA

Oct 062014

- Golden, CO, USA

Nov 052014

Santa Fe

Driving on highway when without warning the closed sunroof blew out with a large bang. No impact with any object. Driver and passenger showered with broken glass. Car purchased new only two months ago.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Jun 022014

Santa Fe 4-cyl

I was driving East to an ave, but another driver hit me on the passenger side. When the driver hit my car we spinned half way. The passenger sitting on the passenger side got hurt on her arm. The accident was sort of big. The car door on passenger side and the door behind the passenger was dented in. Getting hit that hard should have deployed the airbag and the Hyundai emergency calling system. However none of them were working when the car was hit. According to Hyundai they have more airbags than any other companies but even though they have more, the airbag didnt deploy which made the passengers arm get hurt. Also the drivers knee got hurt even though there was a so called "airbag." Hyundai Santa Fe did not do what is meant for its safety.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA