5.1

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Apr 092016

Santa Fe

I took my car in to the dealer for routine oil change and tire rotation. The service advisor came out and asked me if I had a recent blowout. I said no. She said when the tech rotated the tire he noticed a bulge in the sidewall of the rear passenger tire. They advised it was dangerous to drive it that way, so they put the spare on. One other tire was showing cable. Both tires are at 5/32. I bought this car used, in June 2015. Car fax showed no reports of any issues, however, there was noticeable body work and repaint (poorly done and I have pictures). The previous owner had a blowout in the less than 12 months they had the vehicle. They never reported it, but the dealer mentioned it. I have 19" tires on my Santa Fe sport 2.0T. Is it possible the recall on the 17" tires should have included the 19" tires as well? these are still the original tires. I haven't owned the car a year yet. I travel 140+ miles a day to and from work. My safety is very important.

- Mechanicsville, MD, USA

Sep 042015

Santa Fe

While I was driving, my car all of sudden stopped working. It happened around 2 months later after I bought, which was 2014 September or October. I went to a dealershop, they inspected my car but couldn't find anything. However my car stopped working on the local area, 2015 Sep.4th. Again, they couldn't find anything wrong in my car. I asked Hyundai headquarter and dealership to check if there is a report regarding this issue, they do not give me any answer about it. Please check and let me know what I am supposed to do. I do not want to get killed on the road and kill someone because of my car.

- Harrisburg, NC, USA

Jun 232015

Santa Fe

While driving down interstate I heard a large sound as if the car was hit by something. There were no cars or trucks in front of me or to the right of me. Suddenly I heard crackling and put the sun shade back. The entire back panel of the sun roof shattered.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 302015

Santa Fe

I bought a new car June 2014 and when it was rain my windshield wiper has no water come out. So I went to dealer to check out and I found out that the motor & pump assy. Was bad. But the problem is washer pump had tape around body and it looks used one. It was brand new car when I buy. I am just wondering what else going to be bad. I spend more $33K and I am really upset. What else did they use used parts for my vehicle"? what should I do" I do not want my any anymore. Thanks

- Duluth Ga, GA, USA