1998 Hyundai Sonata AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Hyundai Sonata:

1998 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Dec 182000

Although air conditioner compressor was paid for at 900.+ dollars the belts and wheels still lock-up. When taken back to have checked the problem can never be produced. As for clock spring the owners manual says that the airbag system should be checked every 10 years abd this system has failed in 2 years. Service manager told me airbags will not deploy now. I am told if I pay for the repairs to the airbag first I will be reimbursed, but why must I pay for a safety item that is beyond my control and that is a major item of safety.

- New Orleans, LA, USA