2001 Hyundai Sonata brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Hyundai Sonata:

2001 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jun 152004

Sonata 4-cyl

I heard a repetitive clicking sound and turned my radio off to listen. The noise didn't change when I slowed down and I resumed my normal speed of 60 mph. After a few seconds the car slowly & gradually began pulling to the left. I was unable to steer the vehicle at all and was moving into the shoulder and median between the highways. I tried to apply my brakes but the car was not responding. I had no steering or brakes and was heading towards oncoming traffic at 60 mph. I hit the end of a guard rail and the air bags did not deploy. These cars are not safe to drive! we also had a problem w/it hesitating when it tried to switch gears & the dealership was unable to fix. And the driver window would not stay in the track and shut properly.

- Okeana, OH, USA