2001 Hyundai Sonata engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Hyundai Sonata:

2001 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jul 052011

As I was driving down the road at apprx 30 mph. The car would de celerate. I would have to take my foot off the gas and then put back on to get the car to move. Also at the same time the car would bang into gear from park and into reverse. I was told it needed a new transmission. The car was purchased new out of the showroom with 10 miles on it and 6 months later a new transmission. ( well we were told at the time it was brand new, I have since learned that it was a rebuilt) shame on the dealer for lying to customers. The car did ok till about 3 months ago. The car will decelerate and I have to do what I stated above. Then cant get out of park and the traction control light comes on. This has happened numerous times. A new brake switch was put in and the car was fine for 7 full days and on the 8th day same thing. So back we go to the dealers and they are really rude and not happy to see me at all. ( I don't' want to see them either) I was told same problem and another switch has been put in this is the third one. The other issue is we are not being notified of recalls. And the dealership is so rude. Will never own another one.

- Spencer , MA, USA