2003 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Sonata:

2003 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Nov 102014

The contact owns a 2003 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the vehicle veered to the left and right independently. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Jul 172011

Sonata 4-cyl

NHTSA action # EA08016 my 2003 Sonata which was purchased in NY operated there until 06/2008 was not recalled under the above action #. I feel this is a mistake as this car is showing symptoms described in the recall # 09V124000. I called Hyundai America with negative results.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Aug 142009

I have a 2003 Hyundai Sonata. I have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle. I purchased 2 sets of new tires in the past 4 years and have had roughly 15 flat tires. I also most recently almost killed myself and my 3 kids w/ having the tire rod almost crack. I had a bill of $385 to have just that one part to be fixed. I have been on hold for over an hour now for the recall number I received in the mail. I am a single parent and need to be reimbursed for my troubles as this was directly related to the recall letter I just received. Please contact me.

- Cumberland , RI, USA

Aug 012008

I took my 2003 Hyundai Sonata in for a routine inspection and found out that the engine cradle had rusted through and was no longer drivable. The engine cradle had to be replaced, which is no small feat on this vehicle. I have read several other complaints of this and know it's under investigation, but wanted to log my complaint as well.

- Cranberry Twp., PA, USA