1.9

2003 Hyundai Sonata exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Sonata:

2003 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Feb 212011

Sonata 4-cyl

2003 Hyundai Sonata egr issues (check engine light 401)- I've been having persistent issues with my vehicle's egr system for over a year now. I have replaced the entire egr system including the egr valve, solenoid, etc. I have also had to replace other parts that have failed due to the malfunctioning egr - ignition coils, spark plugs. Even after replacing all these parts, my vehicle still complains about the egr with check engine light constantly on (401). I have also been getting very poor mileage. I contacted Hyundai about a tsb they sent out to dealers for egr diagnosis. Hyundai denied assistance with this issue and asked me to contact the dealership directly. The dealer wants to charge me a diagnostic fee to look into the issue + fees for parts. Searching on the internet, I found several cases of egr malfunctioning with 2003 models. Hyundai needs to look into this.

- Olathe, KS, USA