2005 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Sonata:

2005 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Aug 262016

Failed inspection in part due to front subframe rust through. Called Hyundai and spoke to a claims rep. By the name of nathan & tier2 rep tim. Both told me there were recalls on Sonatas up to 2004 for this problem, but not 2005. The 2005 model is the same model as 2004. The model year didn't change till 2006 so why was 2005 excluded from the recall" my car has 120K miles on it. Both told me it wasn't under recall or warranty, and that Hyundai would not be able to do anything for me, . how is it the a car 11 years old has a bad frame" hope you will be able to help us.

- Dallas, PA, USA

Apr 112016

My wife had an accident on New Jersey parkway South, the air bag on both the driver side and passengers side refuse to deploy, these has cause my wife broken ribbs and some bodily injuries according to doctors report....updated 07/13/16

- Egg Harbor, NJ, USA

Jun 162014

Sonata 6-cyl

Chrome interior door handle. The chrome on the handle is cracking at the chrome edge. It has a sharp edge and cut my passengers hand. I had this handle replaced under warranty once before for this issue and now it is having the same issue as before. They have a recall on the 2002 - 2003 Sonatas personally I don't think they fixed anything and this should be included for the recall as well.

- Carteret, NJ, USA

Sep 162011

I had come to a complete stop attempting to merge into traffic, as I pressed on accelerator, I felt it go down under my foot, thus hiting the right rear bumper of the car in front of me.this was the first time. The second time happened in January. 2012. I was turning into my parking spot, and I had softly braked. And as I pressed on the acceleator, and like the first time, I felt the accelerator go down beneath my foot, without pressing too hard. I ran into my apartment, and caused a good deal of damage to well as my car. I have not had an incident since, but I remain scared that it will happen again. I took vehicle to oxmoor Hyundai, in louisville, and could not find find anything wrong, and I had to pay just under $100 to tell me this. And my auto insurance went up drastically.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 012012

The contact owns a 2005 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the chrome trim on the interior door handles started to separate, leaving sharp edges and lacerations to whomever opened the door. The contact stated that he received small lacerations to his left hand as a result of opening the door. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 140,000. The current mileage was approximately 155,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Jun 272009

Paint is peeling from exterior door handles of my 2005 Hyundai Sonata.

- National Park, NJ, USA