3.0

2005 Hyundai Sonata wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Sonata:

2005 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Aug 212007

Sonata 6-cyl

I purchased a 2005 Hyundai Sonata new on 2/18/05 and the dealer, paar Hyundai in bremerton. On August 16, 2007, I had my car maintenance at the dealers location in bremerton. They suggested I purchase new tires. I have 46,000+ miles on the car. I had a local tire dealership, les schwab in poulsbo, put new tires on the car. In doing so, three of the small hubcaps were damaged. Despite being careful in reinstalling the hubcaps, several of the plastic retainers broke off. Les schwab will not pay for the damage, claiming that this often happens with certain Hyundai and Nissan hubcaps. The Hyundai dealer will not pay either and claims they have never had a problem before. This is doubtful. I retained the hubcaps. The plastic tabs that hold the hubcaps are very week, I can easily break them off, and they show signs of wear and tear and fatigue. My concern is that the hubcaps are manufactured using very poor materials and could come loose. Even though fairly small, a hub cap flying off a car at 60-70 miles per hour could easily smash a windshield or knock a cyclist off his/her motor cycle.

- Kingston, WA, USA