5.7

2007 Hyundai Sonata AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Sonata:

2007 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jan 142011

Sonata 4-cyl

I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata and I am experiencing bad odor coming from the ac unit. It smells very bad when I turn on the ac and at times the unit blows out very warm humid air into the car while the ac is running. I changed the cabin air filter, looked for dead rodents and couldn't find any. Took the car to the dealer and they told me that it is caused by mold and mildew caused by the moisture trapped in the evaporator. My concern is the mold and mildew that can cause respatory problems for the drivers and passengers. I researched online and many other owners are experiencing similar problems. I was told that this issue is not covered under the warranty. I would like NHTSA to investigate this problem for the safety of the drivers, passengers and children that will be traveling in these vehicles. Please refer this link for similar complaints. www.topix.com/forum/autos/Hyundai-santa-fe/T097tdvvcahu9R94K

- Fort Worth, TX, USA