2007 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Sonata:

2007 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Nov 052007

Sonata

Hyundai has a problem with "sudden unexpected acceleration" I had my first problem with my 2005 elantra, and now again with my 2007 Sonata. The Hyundai dealership here in St. George Utah is not doing any thing about this, the Sonata was in motion when the car accelerated on its own, this has taken place more than once, the last time the car was stopped by a fence...what will it take for Hyundai to do something abut this?

- Saint George, UT, USA

Sep 152016

Sonata

Last week, I had to have the fourth door handle (all, now) replaced because the plastic breaks off. The vehicle has 65455 miles. The first handle replaced was when the car was still under warranty. This defect is unacceptable. The NHTSA should force a recall notice on these. The latest broken handle was on the driver side. In the event the car was submerged, or a child or pet was left in a hot car, a rescuer would not be able to open the door to rescue those inside. This is a serious safety concern, and a needless expense for vehicle owners.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Oct 302015

Sonata

The car was involved in an accident in city streets of hialeah Florida on a 4 way stop(my son was driving) and was declared total loss by insurance company none of the airbags deployed. He hit mid drivers side of a a flat bed truck and front of my car was crushed. Thank god my son is ok. With the amount of damage on the car one of the airbags should have deployed. I have reported this incident to Hyundai and have not received any comment from them yet

- Miami Lakes, FL, USA

May 172014

Sonata

On May 17th, 2014 I was in an accident on interstate 95 in broward county, fl. A drunk driver hit me on the left side of my trunk then hit the cement median then came back and hit me in the middle of my driver side and back driver side door, then hit the median again came back towards my car and flipped and hit the front left side of my vehicle. So basically the whole left driver side of my car is smashed in. I was wearing my seat belt when this accident did occur. What my concern is, I did some research and it states the notable features included on this vehicle is six airbags standard. Not one airbag deployed and if I wasn't wearing my seat belt I would have been through the front windshield and probably lost my life. My entire left side of my body is damaged and the more severe injury is to my left leg and foot. With the exception of my left big toe, all other four toes have no feeling in them and my foot is deformed. I do plan on taking this issue to my attorney that is handling the accident case for me and hopefully Hyundai has a very clear explanation for why not one of the 6 airbags deployed.

- Lauderhill, FL, USA

Oct 012013

Sonata 4-cyl

Driver's side visor fell and distracted driver who swerved. The visor will go up but continues to fall at erratic times. The passenger visor will not stay up at all. The manufacturer refuses to fix this problem.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Jul 262012

Sonata 4-cyl

Visor keeps dropping down without warning.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Feb 192010

Sonata

I had taken my 2007 Hyundai Sonata to towne Hyundai in denville, NJ. The xm radio mysteriously stopped working one day. Xm corporation had done troubleshooting with the car and determined that the signal was reaching the car and advised me to bring it to Hyundai. Hyundai noted that the top box for the xm radio which is located in a gulley in the trunk behind the rear passenger wheel had rusted and that there was water in my trunk. I was provided with a copy of a technical service bulletin that Hyundai had written noting that "water may enter the trunk through body seams, welds, body plugs" and that any suspect water entry point would need to be sealed to correct further damage from occurring. The xm top box is completely non-functional due to the water damage/excessive rust. Hyundai corporation has thus far refused to cover the defective body seals which is causing further rusting of the body of this vehicle as well as safety concerns if this vehicle were ever in an accident. Hyundai has also refused to cover any replacement costs relating to the xm radio top box. Hyundai has not been proactive in notifying customers of this defect and continually refuses to make good on its 7 year/unlimited mileage anti-perforation warranty for a defect they know exists.

- Hackettstown, NJ, USA