2.3

2007 Hyundai Sonata brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Sonata:

2007 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 312016

Sonata

He contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Sonata. While the vehicle was stationary, the air bag indicator illuminated without warning. In addition, the electronic stability sensor remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Highland Park, IL, USA

Oct 042016

Sonata

The ESC off light comes on and pushing the on/off switch does not put it out. The ESC button indicator light is not illuminated. If I shut the car off and re start, the dash light goes out sometimes. So far, this occurs while driving in traffic at highway speeds.

- Madison, WI, USA

Aug 012016

Sonata

My airbag sensor light has been on for the past few months. I've looked online and saw that this is a common complaint for Hyundai's. also, my ESC light goes on and sometimes stays on. Again another complaint with this car. Both are safety issues that seem to be negligent on the manufactures part. With the number of complaints that have been logged this should be a safety recall issue that Hyundai should be responsible for.

- Auburn, PA, USA

Aug 112016

Sonata

ESC randomly turns off and cannot be turned back on until the vehicle is turned off then restarted. This occurs while driving on the highway, side streets and stopped in traffic. This has been happening for the last year.

- Fountain, CO, USA

Jul 302016

Sonata

The electronic stability control off warning is coming on frequently.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Mar 022016

Sonata

"tanaka recall " this has happened on multiple, intermittent occasions. When decelerating, the steering wheel "sticks" in the straight-ahead position. It becomes very difficult to turn & navigate a highway exit that curves. You have to fight with the wheel and pull hard to make it turn, at which point it feels like the wheel "unlocks" and turns freely again. This is truly a safety concern. I have taken it for service several times, and they did not find anything wrong (now that I see others have had this issue, I plan on scheduling service again). I have had to replace upper control arms on both sides in front due to the squirting sound evertime I go over hole or speed bump and the passenger side is slowly hanging. I too had issues with the ESC and jerking and pulling not long after I purchased the car, but those issues weren't addressed or fixed by the mechanic. (after many trips to the shop & several accidents later) my Hyundai Sonata 2007 needs help.

- Placentia, CA, USA

Apr 192016

Sonata

The ESC lights comes on from time to time. The dealership didn't find anything from. Checking to see if there some kind of recall for this issue

- Marietta, GA, USA

Mar 052016

Sonata

Takata recall. On various occasions the ESC light comes on occasionally while car is in motion and causes car to apply brakes on its own.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 022015

Sonata

ESC off light comes on and the brake lights stop functioning/lighting when brake pedal is pressed.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Nov 162015

Sonata

A lot of times that I am driving, either pulling off or when im at a slow rate of speed and push gas to gain more speed (as if going around turn), the ESC light will come on and my car will shake as it idles. The gas pedal stops working when this, light comes on and when I push on the brakes, they are hard. As my car comes to a complete stop, it shakes the entire time. Then when I turn my car off, it sometimes goes away but it sometimes stays on and my car won't move. But it happens a lot and I don't know what to do. I always have to pull off the road and restart it. It happens in the middle of intersections and one time getting onto the interstate. Being a female and having this problem at night is scary. It started about two months ago and has been doing it a lot within the past two weeks.

- Plant City, FL, USA

Jun 102015

Sonata

ESC off light contines to come on and off intermittently. Also the transmission locks into park and wont release the transmission to go into drive without pushing the shift lock release button. Then once in drive you have to push the button again to put the car back into park.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 142015

Sonata

My ESC off light only comes on at night when I start my car and drive. My brake lights stay on and will not go off unless I shut my car off. I also feel the brake pedal pulling at times when this light is on. It is a big hazzard to me, especially when I have my daughter with me because noone knows when your stopping because the lights wont go off. I refuse to pay for something out of pocket when its a manufacturer problem. I called dealerships and they wont do nothing for it unless they have a statement for it or recall notice. Ive seen alot of people having problems with this, not only myself. This issue needs to be fixed immediately.

- Dry Ridge, KY, USA

Aug 032015

Sonata 6-cyl

The ESC deactivates itself and the light comes on while you are driving and will not activate itself until the auto is turned off and restarted. Because the ESC turns itself off it probably could cause the auto to skid out of control. Reading about this on the internet it seems that many people experience this dangerous malfunction which should be repaired by the manufacturer.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Sonata

"ESC off" light turns on after engine startup, or driving a few miles. It fixes itself when engine is turned off, then turned on again. ESC on/off switch has no effect on the light. It occurs for a number of times a day. It would be unsafe if ESC is truly turned off when we need it. I had the same problem fixed in a previous recall. It came back a few years later.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

May 152015

Sonata

The electronic stability control (ESC) light off will appear and disappear from the dashboard.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Apr 152015

Sonata 4-cyl

ESC light comes on indicating the ESC system is inoperable. This is usually preceded by the feeling that the brakes are being applied without my pressing the brake pedal. The vehicle feels sluggish following the illumination of the ESC light. This is an intermittent problem.

- Prattville, AL, USA

Apr 202015

Sonata 6-cyl

My brake lights no longer function. My "ESC off" light and check engine light appeared. I had a mechanic scan my car regarding the aforementioned issues and the code that displayed was "P0504". after researching this code I have discovered: The engine control module (ECM) has detected a fault in correlation between the two brake switch circuits. This very problem has resulted a massive recall for Hyundai & Kia vehicles. Unfortunately, my vehicle is not eligible for the recall according to the VIN look up for this recall campaign (110). I should not have to pay out of pocket for this manufacturer defect!!!

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Mar 242015

Sonata

As I am driving normally, the ESC off light comes on after a few minutes of driving and remains lit until I shut the car off.

- West Saint Paul, MN, USA

Mar 182015

Sonata

While trying to park my 2007 Hyundai Sonata the automatic transmission shifter was stuck in drive and can only be moved into neutral. Leading up to this happening the ESC light kept coming on and eventually stayed permanently on. I later found out that my break light was also off. I am able to move the shifter by pressing down the bypass. As it is in order to take the car out of park I have to press down the bypass. I have to do the same when going from drive to reverse or from reverse to drive. Break light still not working and ESC light is on.

- Valley Stream , NY, USA

Jun 012014

Sonata 4-cyl

The "ESC off" light comes on while driving the vehicle. Pressing the "ESC off" button on the dashboard has no effect and I do not know if the ESC is actually disabled or if the warning is illuminated in error. Restarting the car causes the warning light to go off, but it sometimes comes back on shortly after. I believe there have been recalls on other Hyundai models for similar issues, but not for the 2007 Sonata.

- Chicago, IL, USA