8.0

2007 Hyundai Sonata engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Sonata:

2007 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Mar 032008

Sonata 6-cyl

On 3/3/08 I was returning home from picking up my daughter from school. I made a left hand turn onto jones chapel road and when I went to accelerate the car full throttled on it's own. I tried mashing the brakes and it only slowed my car by 10 miles an hour or so. I finally put the car in neutral(the engine continued to rev very high) and shut my car off. I had roadside tow it and it is still at the dealership. They have been unable to duplicate the problem. There was nothing in the floor board and my car floor mat is secured by a peg. When the car took off it literally jerked mine and my daughter's heads back.

- Danielsville, GA, USA