1.9

2008 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Sonata:

2008 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Oct 012013

Sonata

Refusal of Hyundai to review levels of rear crossmember corrosion on vehicles operated in the salt belt states because owner registered it in city/state adjoining this recall. After further reviewing the survey results, Hyundai has decided to conduct a safety recall in affected salt belt states on 2006-2010 Sonata vehicles. I have notified my local Hyundai service center about this recall. Their reply was since I live in the same city but on the wrong side of the state line (Kansas City, ks not Kansas City, mo) my vehicle is not covered and they will not review my vehicle for free nor will they replace the corroded crossmember for free since my state does not belong to this recall although my driving primarily takes place in this affected and included state.

- Kansas City, KS, USA