2010 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Sonata:

2010 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

May 202014

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the exterior rear driver side door handle fractured. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 80,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 142013

Sonata 4-cyl

Approximately a year ago my passenger door handle just broke off I called dealer to seeif there was a recall notice on that and there was none, now on 5/24/2014 my driver side door handle broke off I now I am not the only going threw this issue please help us this is wrong and need to be corrected. Thanks

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 252013

Sonata

The above incident that I'm reporting is the second door handle to break on this vehicle. The first incident was the driver door handle which broke sometime in 2012. The outer handles just break and cannot be used to open the door. The door can be opened from the inside. Just yesterday, 5-5-2014, the rear passenger door handle on the driver side also broke in the same manner. The first two were covered by the warranty, which I'm told expired at 60,000 miles. My car has 68,000 miles now. So a total of three door handles has broken, one to go. It is repairable, but there is a 3 to 4 week wait, for the parts, for it to get painted than get installed. With all the complaints I have read on the internet, this problem should be recalled and metal door handles be installed.

- Kealakekua, HI, USA

Feb 122012

Sonata 4-cyl

My door handle on passenger will not open from the outside I have to get in on drivers side and open from inside. My drivers side door will not lock I had to open my drivers side door from back seat because it would not open when I mashed the door opener on remote.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Feb 152012

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that she attempted to open the rear passenger's side door and the handle disconnected from the door. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repair and the failure recurred with the front drivers side door. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Smyrna, DE, USA

Feb 162014

Sonata 4-cyl

After parking I reached to open the back drivers side door to get something out of the back seat and the handle broke off in my hand.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Feb 142014

Sonata 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that when she opened the driver's door, the exterior door handle became fractured. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 66,000.

- West Frankford , IL, USA

Feb 102014

Sonata 4-cyl

I attempted to open my unlocked left rear door and the plastic door handle broke off in my hand. Now I cannot open this door from the outside. - on 02/10/2014 at 1200 pm - approximately 30 degrees F - no force of any kind used, the pull handle just broke off from the linkage which locks my rear door please give me a confirmation number. Thank you

- Abilene, TX, USA

Jan 062014

Sonata 4-cyl

Upon attempting to enter vehicle at passenger side door, door handle came off in hand and door could not be opened by normal means.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Jan 272014

Sonata 4-cyl

Upon attempting to enter vehicle at driver's door, door handle came off in hand and door could not be opened by normal means.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Jan 102014

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that exterior plastic door handles were defective and that the rear driver's side door handle was fractured. The vehicle was not taken to dealer. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 83,000.

- Dublin , OH, USA

Jan 072014

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that while attempting to open the rear driver's side door, the handle became detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 68,000.

- Hudson , FL, USA

Dec 312013

Sonata 4-cyl

Two exterior door handles, one on the front passenger side and one on the rear driver's side broke off in my hand. This happened within a couple of hours of each other.

- Branford, CT, USA

Dec 202013

Sonata 4-cyl

The rear driver-side door handle fell off the vehicle; the plastic used to attach the handle to the interior portion of the mechanism simply broke inside the door -- no damage had been done prior to the handle and it was not used harshly. The passenger-side front door handle has become very loose and the plastic on the inside of the door handle appears to be cracking.

- Richmond, KY, USA

Jun 112012

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the front driver's side and both rear door handles were fractured. The contact stated that the interior and exterior plastic door handles were defective. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer but was not repaired. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Sebastopol,, CA, USA

Nov 082013

Sonata 4-cyl

Both of the rear passenger door handles broke off of the doors within two weeks of each other, under normal use. At the time of the incident, my wife's 2010 Sonata had just over 78,000 miles on the odometer, just over the 75000 bumper to bumper warranty. I contacted the service department at the dealership on two separate occasions, and was told that the handles were not covered under warranty and that my best option would be to contact Hyundai America to seek a resolution. I did that and opened a case with them. After providing information on the vehicle, I was told that there was no recall for the components and none was being considered. I believe that this is a major safety concern for the vehicle if a rescue attempt had to be made. Not to mention that this is a terrible inconvenience, since we have two small children and have to find other ways of accessing the passenger seats other than with the doors. The handles are made of plastic, and I believe would be prone to yet another breakage if replaced with factory parts. This in my opinion, if faulty engineering and workmanship on the part of Hyundai.

- York, SC, USA

Nov 292013

Sonata 4-cyl

I have a 2010 Hyundai Sonata with approximately 77,000 miles on it. My passenger side door handle came off today, 11/29/13. This is the 2nd one in the last 6 months that has come completely off when someone tried to open it. This happened during normal conditions and use. The handles only have plastic clips holding them on. I feel that this is a big problem and could be a serious safety hazard. Hyundai needs to look into this and recall as it seems to be a huge problem that many owners are having. The dealer quoted me a price of $250 to replace it with one that was painted to match my car.

- Craigsville, VA, USA

Nov 202013

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that he attempted to open the rear passenger's side door and the handle detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the entire handle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 63,000.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Nov 202013

Sonata 4-cyl

Right front door handle broke off while standing still under normal use when my 15-year old son opened it. Not covered by warranty as 60K had passed and dealer would not cover. I had dealer replace handle. Five months later, left rear door handle broke off when my 13-year old daughter opened it while getting in car. Both events happened under normal use but standing still. This could pose a safety hazard if it causes the door to open while the car is moving. I contend that there is a design defect in that the door handle is not designed sturdy enough (it is plastic), and Hyundai should fix and recall.

- Sudbury, MA, USA

Nov 212013

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the rear driver and passenger's side door handles became became disengaged. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or an independent mechanic for repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Converse, TX, USA