2.8

2010 Hyundai Sonata electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Sonata:

2010 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jul 082013

Sonata 4-cyl

I was sent a safety recall letter from Hyundai stating that the stop lamp switch intermittently malfunctions. This happens to me continuously. I took it to a repair shop when I was vacationing in Chicago, as I thought there was a problem with my car, and that I might be in a dangerous road situation. They checked it out and could find nothing, but I still had to pay for the diagnosis. I have asked Hyundai to reimburse me for this since it turns out to be a malfunction, that caused me to spend money to try to diagnose. They refuse to reimburse me, even though they admit it is a malfunction on their part...but I wasn't notified of this until 4 months after being charged to try and figure out what was going on.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Nov 172013

Sonata 4-cyl

My 2010 Hyundai Sonata completely shut down on me 2-times in less than 5-minutes times while I was driving today. I was on my way to enter the expressway. The power steering and everything just shut down. My car just made a sudden stop. Thank god I had not entered the expressway and took the side streets home. I feel that this is a real safety hazard to myself, the passengers riding with me as well as other drivers, passengers and families on the road. My vehicle has 53,215 miles, there is no way this should be happening. If this is happening to my vehicle, I know it's occurring in other Sonata's and other Hyundai vehicles base on what I see in online entries on the 2010 Hyundai Sonata and Hyundai vehicles. Manufactures must be held accountable for the defected products place on the market. I know that I'm a small voice against a large corporation, but if you take the time to investigate I know that my claim will be validated. I hope and pray that something is done about this before we are dealing with injuries or fatalities. I am a frustrated and unhappy Hyundai Sonata owner, looking for Hyundai to put safety first!

- Berkeley, IL, USA

Sep 192013

Sonata 4-cyl

Came out to work parking lot. Car would not start. Battery was failing, not dead. Replaced battery [with duralast battery (autozone - 09/19/2013) - $115]; did not resolve issue. Starter was tested and had failed. Replaced the starter [with duralast starter (autozone - 09/20/2013) - $267.11]; resolved the issue.

- West Jordan, UT, USA

Apr 222013

Sonata

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to a private repair shop for diagnostic testing, where it was determined that the starter failed. The vehicle was repaired by replacing the starter. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 68,000. The current mileage was 70,500.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Oct 252010

Sonata

2010 Hyundai Sonata. 9 months old, has been in the service center 5 different times. 2 times for sensor replacement. The last 3 times, driving at a normal accelerate pace. Check engine light comes on, esc light comes on and vehicle loses power. On one of those occasions, vehicle lost power while going through intersection, and almost was rear ended. Service department has replaced many parts from throttle position assembly to thermostat to electrical wiring harness. In my opinion, vehicle is a lemon.

- Kinston, NC, USA