4.8

2010 Hyundai Sonata suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Sonata:

2010 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Aug 092016

Sonata

I have been experiencing issues with my alignment and my tires have been wearing incredibly unevenly. When driving on the highway my car will shake violently. I was advised to realign again several months ago and my tires continue to be destroyed and my car contributes to shake. Today when my power steering was being replaced for an open recall I was advised upon pick up that my steering coupler has gone bad and needs to be replaced as this is an extremely dangerous issue (never mind that I was informed of this issue after my steering column was reassembled so I have to pay labor for them to pull the entire unit again!). I've read many complaints similar to this online regarding bad couplers and shaking cars ruining tires. I was advised that if it breaks further my car will likely swerve into another lane of traffic and be extremely difficult to steer.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Mar 012016

Sonata

When driving over uneven road, potholes, bumpy roads, etc., both front suspension system, emits a rumbling, knocking, like a lose part sound. On the highway it sometimes car becomes un-stable, and loses control. Car is only 21,000 miles, suspension seems like an old 100,000 miles car. Hyundai should be accountable for this defect, since it is life threatening issue.

- Albany, CA, USA

May 052014

Sonata 4-cyl

While traveling 55+mph on the highway in a curve that is curving right. The car starts to rock/sway side to side. Similar to a gust of wind blowing against the car from the side. Problem only occurs when over 55mph and driving through a curve on a highway. Car seems normal when going straight or on inside roads at lower speeds. Alignment was good, and inspection by sears found no issues. Nothing loose etc. No recall from Hyundai. This is a major concern especially when driving on icy roads. This problem may lead to an accident/crash.

- Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Jun 032013

Sonata 4-cyl

Sonata pulling to the left under normal driving. Performed wheel alignments 7 months ago, car ran fine for about 2 months. Online research indicates this model has a factory alignment issue.

- North Babylon, NY, USA