Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.

2011 Hyundai Sonata accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

2011 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Oct 012014

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the rear passenger side door failed to lock. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the rear passenger side door latch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Brimingham, AL, USA

Mar 162010

2011 Hyundai Sonata: I had heard about the door latch recall on my new Sonata via news reports. I purchased this Sonata on Feb 16th,2010. So, I called and the dealer(St.augustine Hyundai)said I wasn't included in the door latch recall. The dealer said there was 2 bulletins on my Sonata anyhow. #1, the ignition wire needs rerouting or it could become afraid. #2, the ECM computer needed re-programming at that time with an explanation that some new software from Hyundai when it arrived to the dealer, they would check the parameters of the ECM computer program. Now, I haven't to this date received any information regarding any of these 3 issues with my new 2011 Sonata from anyone in the mail" on 3/16/2010 yesterday I received a call from Hyundai usa corporation. The man said my car" is" affected now by the door latch recall. I didn't ask him about the other 2 bulletins mentioned by the dealer nor did he mention them to me. He said I would receive a letter about the door latch recall soon. But nothing again about the other 2 issues" I have been on hold for 45 mins once today and 35 mins yesterday and just hung up because its been too difficult getting anyone at Hyundai, the press(or speak) recall option to route ones call on phone or dept said its having high call volume due to recent recalls.I called St.augustine Hyundai back yesterday and spoke to service manager and he said it's showing now about the door latch and the other 2 issues still exist like he told be weeks back already on the phone. I asked what needs reprogrammed with the ECM computer. He asked me to hold, came back and said if that isn't tended too. The engine could stall or the car might suddenly be able to go no faster then 20mph. This sounds unsafe and I haven't received any letter official from Hyundai corporation. If I'm driving and my car stalls or I'm on the freeway and the car drops from 70mph to 20mph without my desire to do so is unsafe?they supposedly spent 4 years developing the vehicle.

- New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA