CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.

3.9

2011 Hyundai Sonata accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

2011 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

May 192012

Sonata

While driving my 2011 Sonata, the windows fog up to a dangerous level where I can not clearly see the road, especially the front windshield. This happens at various times of the day and night in cold, hot, humid or raining, etc. Weather conditions. I am most affected at night while returning from the gym and I have to travel through winding, dark, deer infested wooded roads. No matter what temperature setting I place thermostat, it fogs! I have taken my car in several times with the same complaint and the dealer is aware and says multiple people have complained but they have no solution. Dealer says to match outside temp with inside car temp and leave A/C on. I followed the advice, I turn on the A/C in the winter and the heat in the summer and it is very uncomfortable but still doesn't effectively solve the dangerous problem. Outside temperatures reach 100+ degrees in atlanta and turning on the heat after working out makes a bad situation worse. I feel people can or will die or be seriously injured if the problem isn't corrected by the manufacturer / dealers....updated 10/05/15

- Fairburn, GA, USA

May 282014

Sonata 4-cyl

I own a 2011 Hyundai Sonata gls it began to rain very hard, when I turned the switch on for wipers they would not work. I was on the way home from work, and pulled under a bridge, and waited for the storm to blow over which lasted a lot longer than I expected. The car was completely useless until the rain stopped. The dealership told me the wiper motor went bad. With a pretty hefty cost to repair it. I have not replaced the motor yet, and I am upset that a car only 3 yrs. Old would have a wiper motor going out already. I read on the web of many others with this same make and model having the same problem. I am so glad I was not on the highway when it suddenly began to downpour with rain. It very well could have caused and accident.

- Richmond, IN, USA

Feb 182013

Sonata 4-cyl

Premature scratching of windshield glass.

- Plainview, NY, USA